When I came to Holiday Studios I was always chasing fitness and a healthy lifestyle. From the age of fifteen, I had worked out in gyms, ran half-marathons, walked a million miles, lifted weights, done daily basement online programs and attended HIIT 30 minute in-person classes. I had also spent over 5 years marketing nutritional services leaving my head FULL of food info resulting in a dead-end of food avoidance and binging. I was 49 years old and stuck. I knew there had to be a solution that wasn’t a gimmick. By the time I turned 50 all I wanted was true health and an easier way to get there. Colleen helped me reach this goal and many others.
What I have learned:
- Increase the pounds of the weights and the speed of the running. Doing the same level of exercise doesn’t burn calories or increase metabolism. You have to push yourself further, harder. But that doesn’t mean endless exercise and dieting.
- Deprogramming nutritional information overload and getting back to basic food for health. My goal was to eat foods that helped my chronic digestive issues as well as stop cravings.
- A personal goal was to eliminate unnecessary prescriptions. Through my PCP and Colleen – we implemented exercise and monitored my response to removing medications. Let’s just say Colleen’s psychology background has proven that she can work with many personality types.
- Spending smarter time on myself. I had a new marriage and two teenaged ultra-busy kids. Spending time on myself was not in my nature nor the family schedule. Colleen proved that spending smarter time on myself made me a better wife and a better mom for my family.
- The solution is not the same for each of us. Plans and goals are individualized for each person’s needs. This is what I have needed all along. A one size fits all solution has never worked for me.
This has been a transformational experience for me from the inside out and I feel refreshed and clear-headed as I continue down this path.
The transformation did not stop there – I won a contest that continued my outward transformation! I had my hair done by Edwin and a photoshoot. Those photos forced me to see that I had truly made changes for my life that benefited not just me but those around me.
I walked in Colleen’s door with a chip on my shoulder and the feeling of defeat. Today I am more confident and in-control knowing now that I DO have the power to keep myself on track and maintain the rest of my life at the same time. You can do this. We can all do this. And it doesn’t have to consume your life. It just has to be smarter.